Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Salmon burgers/Sliders

Salmon Burgers by Ezra Pound Cake.


I have made a variety of salmon burger recipes, but this one is my  new favorite. For those of you that don’t know much about me…I have NEVER purchased canned salmon. Being raised in the Seattle area, the only canned fish we ever ate was tuna fish. Since moving to Colorado 13 years ago, my husband Brian has always found a reason to get up to Alaska at least every other year to fill our freezer with salmon and halibut. So, whenever a recipe calls for canned salmon, I just pull a piece of salmon out of the freezer and bake it up! If you want to make sliders, you just make the patties smaller. Enjoy!

Alaska Salmon burgers
1 – 15 ½ oz can unsalted pink salmon, drained, skin removed
½ cup celery, finely chopped
½ cup dry bread crumbs
¼ cup lite mayonnaise
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons salsa
1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

1. Combine all ingredients. Mix well.
2. Form into patties
3. Spray nonstick pan with oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides
4. Serve on buns with lettuce, sliced tomato and pickles.

6 comments:

Susie Buetow said...

Thanks! I will make these soon. I don't buy can salmon either. Yuck. My FIL went on a huge fishing trip up in Canada. He brought back Halibut and Salmon and other fish. I have those two left in my freezer. They also canned some of his salmon for him. I made salmon patties one day and decided to use the can since it was his. YUCK!! lol
I'm going to post this recipe on my blog.

http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/p/recipes.html

confessionalcook said...

That thing looks DEE-lish!

And why do they call them sliders???? Inquiring minds want to know.

Kellee said...

I just want to know if you took that picture yourself :) And thanks for having us over. It was a very nice party even if there are no pictures to prove it.

laura said...

No, I did not take this picture.

laura said...

they are called sliders when you make mini sizw burgers or patties and serve them on small rolls or slider size buns.

confessionalcook said...

Soooooo, do they slide off of the bun, or off the plate or out of your hand when they are that small? Is that the deal? Or is it a regional thing, like taverns, maid rites, sloppy joes?
It seems to me they should be called smallers...

© Let it be Done. Powered by