Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Practically Perfect Day

mary-poppins
My birthday present from my husband was tickets to see Mary Poppins the Musical at the Buell Theatre in Denver.
The first time I ever went to a movie theater was to see Mary Poppins in 1964. I will never forget that day…and the following Christmas when I received a Mary Poppins board game and a Mary Poppins doll.  I also received a  Mary Poppins charm bracelet, a gift my mom bought me in New York City. I still have the board game and the charm bracelet, but the much loved doll did not survive me and both of my girls, however I did buy them each their own Mary Poppins doll a few years back. So…when my daughter Briee went to see Mary Poppins the Musical “on Broadway” over Thanksgiving break…I was very excited for her, and a little jealous. Somewhere along the way, I must have shaken hands with a chimney sweep (that brings you good luck, you know) because the touring show was coming to Denver, and the next thing I knew…I had tickets in my hand. It was a wonderful musical, so much more than I could ever imagine. If I had to sum it up in only one word, that would be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

2 comments:

Kellee said...

Yeah! That is so exciting.

Unknown said...

I am so jealous. I wanted to go see this. I hope it comes back at another time. Our friends are going on Easter day.

© Let it be Done. Powered by