Saturday, March 27, 2010

Things we Collect

col·lec·tion  [kuh-lek-shuhclip_image002n] –noun
1. the act of collecting.
2. something that is collected; a group of objects or an amount of material accumulated in one location, esp. for some purpose or as a result of some process: a stamp collection; a collection of unclaimed hats in the checkroom; a collection of books on Churchill.

I collect many things. Probably too many things. But I do love my collections and I love the collecting part. The search for one new piece to add to the collection…it gives us something to do and takes us to exciting places like the flea market, a collectors paradise. Some of my collectibles become my home decor, others actually serve a useful purpose. My enamelware collection started out small with a few pieces I just loved. Once I found a purpose for them, my collection started to grow. My craft room was renamed the “Craft Kitchen” once I got my collection of enamelware out in the open and serving a purpose.
DSC01201
My wonderful collection holds all my necessary items and tools for many of my crafts.
DSC01203
Like scissors…
DSC01204
and ribbon…
well, you get the picture.
Here is my latest piece. Thanks to Kellee who spotted this one at the Arc Thrift store, but didn’t buy it, knowing the $10 price was a little high….Fortunately the day she took me back to look at it was half-price day! Love those half-price days.
DSC01209
Tucked away inside this beauty is my new collection of old bias and hem tape.
Keep your eye on our blog every Saturday for a peek into our many collections. We would love to hear about your collections!

1 comment:

Gail said...

A thing of beauty, inside and out!

© Let it be Done. Powered by